Foundations for Fall
Foundation is a great solution for covering flaws, evening skin tone, and act as a base for the rest of your makeup. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the endless options on the market. Which one is right for your skin tone? Which one works best for your lifestyle? Luckily, product testing is one of our hobbies! Check out our favorite fall foundations for all budgets:
1. L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder ($12) – We were intrigued by this revolutionary idea of liquid transforming to a powder finish. This lightweight formula does just what it promises. The liquid blends perfectly into skin leaving amazing coverage without the cakey powder feel. It also has a built in SPF 18 and lasts all day! Five stars for this drugstore find!
2. Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation ($42) – Okay, the name just makes this product sound heavenly. The product uses “liquid light technology” for a radiant finish. It’s oil free, but still provides a nice moisturizing feel. The color seemed to merge flawlessly into skin leaving nice coverage with a bit of a glow. This one also provides sun protection with an SPF 15.
3. Benefit “Hello Flawless!” Oxygen Wow Foundation ($34) – This one is great for those who don’t need a ton of coverage and love the luminous look. The hydrating formula helps boost skin cells for a plump look while vitamin C and E help prevent the signs of aging. We didn’t really notice a plumping effect, but we still love it!
4. Maybelline New York Dream Nude Airfoam ($12) – We’re suckers for something other than liquid going onto our faces. The airfoam is definitely light-weight and kind of cool to apply! It immediately soaked into skin without any streaks and gave a soft, almost powder-like finish.
5. Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation ($15) – For those who have acne prone skin, this foundation is a perfect solution. This is actually a foundation and blemish treatment in one. Containing salicylic acid, this formula fights existing acne, prevents future breakouts, and provides a nice coverage.
6. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation ($46)- If you don’t like dealing the messiness liquid foundation can cause, this compact foundation is the best one we’ve tried. The product matched perfectly to our skin, blended in quickly, and lasted all day. The oil-free ingredients didn’t look too matte and powder touch-ups during the day were unnecessary.
Post provided by Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC