A Statement on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Safety Precautions being taken by Kalos.
Greetings from the team at Kalos. The safety and wellbeing of our patients, their family members and our staff is always our paramount concern, especially in this time of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
This is a brief statement to explain how our medical professionals are observing the strictest practices and most up to date guidelines to ensure you get the safest and most effective care in a timely manner while minimizing exposure and risk. Below are the changes that we are implementing to ensure your health and safety:
For the safety and convenience of our patients, you now have the option of scheduling phone or video consultations instead of in-office consultations. Please call the office to schedule and for further details.
Kalos is re-structuring our daily schedule to limit the number of people in the office at any one time. To help with this policy, please come alone to your appointment until further notice. No visitors, children, spouses or family members will be allowed, and any exceptions need to be approved before the appointment on a case by case basis. Kalos is also minimizing the chances of patient overlap and patient to patient exposure by limiting appointments to two or three patients per hour.
Kalos will not be utilizing our waiting room during this time. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE UPON YOUR ARRIVAL to begin the check in process and wait in your car while we prepare for your appointment. We ask that you are on time for your appointments so the exam rooms are already prepared for your arrival. If you are on time there should be minimal to no wait time. If you are late there may be a delay in your appointment or we may not be able to see you. We will have you come upstairs when your exam room is ready and escort you there personally.
We will also be limiting new patient consults to people who are 65 years of age or younger. Exceptions must be preapproved and will also be made on a case by case basis.
In order to minimize both patient and staff exposure, Kalos will be attempting to keep scheduled patient visits to new and existing patient consults and procedures and postoperative care for existing patients. If your appointment is a routine follow up and you have no questions or concerns, please reschedule your appointment for at least two weeks out. If you have a question or concern and the issue is non-urgent we also ask that you reschedule appointments. We are also available to discuss any issues or concerns and provide medical advice via the phone in place of in office follow ups. We will also be minimizing patient overlap. We are scheduling at most two to three patients per hour to minimize contact and overlap between patients. We will continue to book surgeries throughout this time. We have access to top quality, safe surgical suites in which to perform procedures during this time. In fact, many of our clients may have more social downtime over the next few months to recover from surgery and procedures.
While cleanliness and sterility is always a top priority, we are increasing sanitation procedures and adding precautions to all areas of the clinic as follows:
- All communal surfaces including doorknobs, chairs, counters, screens, keyboards will be wiped down with medical germicidal wipes between patients and other times throughout the day.
- All patients will be screened for symptoms and relevant travel history. Anyone who could be affected will not be allowed to enter our clinic.
- We will also be screening staff and patients upon arrival with a quick temperature scan. Anyone with an elevated temperature will be urged to seek medical help immediately and will not be able to be seen.
- We have multiple air filters running 24/7 that are hyper HEPA filters to filter bacteria and viruses.
- We are implementing handwashing for our patients upon arrival in the office. All staff will also wash hands between patients.
- There will be no contact by a staff member with a patient without medical latex exam gloves. Gloves will be changed at a minimum between patients, and often more frequently during a single patient visit.
As the situation with the coronavirus virus evolves, Kalos will keep you updated and take any necessary precautions to ensure the safety of everyone in our community. As always, we are grateful for the trust you place in us and hope these changes we’ve made give you peace of mind.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions, concerns or for any reason.
Ben Stong, MD