If you want fuller cheeks and are considering cosmetic treatment, there are two popular options for getting the plumpness you’re looking for: fillers and implants.
Every individual will have different reasons for choosing either cheek implants or fillers, because the different cheek augmentation procedures each have their own advantages.
Getting cheek implants is a permanent solution that requires surgery. An incision is made either in your mouth, under your eye, or by your hairline, and the implant (usually made from silicone) is inserted through the opening and placed in the desired area.
Dermal fillers are a temporary treatment and less invasive than implants. They are administered through an injection. However, fillers are meant to counteract the effects of aging (loose skin and wrinkles), not the facial structure itself.
Which Is Right for You?
Ideal candidates for cheek implants include:
- Younger patients
- People seeking a permanent change to their facial structure
- Someone who wants a one-time solution
- Individuals who are healthy enough to undergo surgery
Our patients who are better off getting dermal fillers fall into these categories:
- Older individuals who are dissatisfied with the effects that aging has had on the volume in their cheeks
- Anyone that doesn’t want surgery or an extended recovery time
- Someone who doesn’t mind returning frequently for maintenance injections
- Patients that don’t qualify for surgery
Need Further Help Deciding?
The highly skilled team of Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery can help you decide which cheek augmentation procedure is right for you. Call today to schedule a consultation with our Atlanta plastic surgeon and you’ll see why we’re the number one choice for cheek implants and dermal fillers!
Post Provided by Benjamin Stong MD, Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 963-6665