About the time you turned twelve or thirteen, you were told to start caring for your skin to avoid unwanted, future breakouts. Since then, you’ve learned a thing or two about taking care of yourself. But in fact, there are five basic rules you need to follow for great looking skin:
- Cleanse Twice Daily: Use a gentle cleanser that will remove dirt and makeup, but isn’t too drying. If you clean well at night, you may even be able to use a steamy, hot washcloth for the next morning.
- Exfoliate Weekly: Exfoliation removes layers of dead skin, allowing new skin to shine through.
- Tone After Cleansing: Use a non-alcohol based toner to close your pores and leave your skin…toned.
- Moisturize: You need a different moisturizer depending on your age and skin type. Younger skin can usually get away with a very light cream, while older skin should take advantage of moisturizer formulas with alpha and beta hydroxy, as well as glycolic acid. These components act to reverse aging and stimulate the skin to heal itself
- Protect: The daily accumulation of UV rays over years can cause sun spots, fine lines, and cancer. Apply a thin layer of SPF to your face daily to protect it from the sun’s rays. You can even mix this in with your moisturizer or with your foundation if you don’t want one more thing to work into your skin!
Still need a boost for more radiant skin? Schedule a professional facial at the K-Spa. We offer various levels of facial treatments, including peels, micro-needling, PRP treatment, and laser therapy!
Post Provided by Benjamin Stong MD, Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 963-6665