Facial plastic surgery is not only to improve your appearance. Some of the most important surgical work we perform at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, GA is for our patients requiring facial reconstructive surgery. Dr. Benjamin Stong is a highly seasoned and respected plastic and reconstructive surgeon with a dual board certification who welcomes patients for a variety of facial conditions that can benefit from reconstructive surgery.
Reconstructive surgery is a combination of restoring facial feature structure and function, as well as the aesthetics. While similar in techniques to cosmetic facial surgery, these procedures tend to be more complex. Bone, cartilage and skin grafting are often required to repair the damaged tissue, while creating a natural appearance once it is healed. Common areas that require facial reconstructive surgery include:
Protruding features are more likely to be injured in accidents, fires or in the cases of skin cancer.
Common Facial Reconstructive Surgeries
Dr. Stong has decades of experience performing meticulous facial reconstructive surgeries. His patients range from small children with facial deformities to elderly individuals who require a full nasal reconstruction. Our patients that require facial reconstruction include:
- Those recovering from Mohs surgery or about to undergo skin cancer surgery
- Nose reconstruction after fractures, poor nose jobs, Mohs surgery or deviated septum
- Ear injuries, cancer or congenital ear deformities
- Facial fractures, including the orbital bones around the eyes
- Oculoplastic reconstruction of the eyelids for injuries, disease or defects
- Reconstruction for patients with facial paralysis for improved function or aesthetics
- Scar revision to improve facial appearance and function
- Lip injuries or oral cancer reconstruction
Restoring a natural appearance to the face after injury, trauma, disease or other deforming circumstances can change an individual’s life. Dr. Stong and our team at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery feel privileged to help our patients seeking facial reconstruction surgery achieve improved facial function and beauty with our services.
If you are seeking a facial plastic surgeon to perform reconstructive surgery on yourself or a loved one, contact us at our office in Atlanta, GA. We can schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Stong to discuss your options.
Posted on behalf of
371 East Paces Ferry Rd, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 963-6665