Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a facial procedure that can provide many of the same results as a surgical nose job, with only a short time in the clinic and very little recovery time. With so many benefits of liquid rhinoplasty, many patients understandably have questions about it, such as its uses, effectiveness and what to expect.
- What Can Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Correct?
- While liquid rhinoplasty cannot do everything that surgery can, it is very effective at smoothing or camouflaging bumps, especially at the bridge of the nose. It can also make a crooked nose look more symmetrical or enhance the tip of the nose or the overall shape.
- Will Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Make My Nose Bigger?
- Fillers are added to enhance the shape of the nose and create a more symmetrical shape. While the areas where the filler is added may increase in size, the overall size of your nose should not. If you want a larger size, non-surgical rhinoplasty can help, but only with a minor adjustment.
- What Should I Expect During the Procedure?
- A topical anesthetic is used to numb your skin and make the procedure more comfortable. The dermal filler injections may cause a pinching sensation, or you may only feel pressure. Most non-surgical rhinoplasties take less than 45 minutes.
- How Long Do Results Typically Last?
- Most non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures will last about six months but could last longer, depending on the changes made and the type of filler used. Because there is so little downtime and very few side effects, you may be interested in repeating the procedure. The temporary results are also a great way to see the changes you’d like made with more permanent surgery.
- Is the Procedure Safe and Effective?
- Most patients experience swelling or bruising for a few days after their liquid rhinoplasty. Nausea or a slight headache is possible but less common. Because there are risks with any medical procedure, you should visit a physician trained in the practice who understands these risks. Considering the many benefits and minimal risks associated with it, especially compared to surgery, patients often choose this method of cosmetic enhancement.
To learn more about a non-surgical nose job and ask any other questions you may have, and to learn if the procedure is right for you, contact Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC at (404) 963-6665 to schedule a consultation.
Post Provided by Benjamin Stong MD, Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 963-6665