Eyelid and Brow Lift Surgery
As we age, the eyes can falsely project a tired, sad or even angry appearance. From puffy bags underneath the eyes and sagging upper eyelids to drooping brows and a furrowed forehead, the signs of aging around the eyes can be significant. An eye or brow lift procedure can address these concerns and take years off of your appearance. Dr. Stong is proud to offer state-of-the-art procedures that can successfully reduce the obvious signs of aging by eliminating or repositioning under eye bags, correcting sagging upper eyelids and lifting droopy brows without leaving visible scars.
Our state-of-the-art facility uses the most advanced technology and specialized techniques to bring you the safest, most effective solutions when it comes to eye, brow lift and facelift surgery. We perform a full range of facial cosmetic procedures including the following procedures for the eyes:
Dr. Stong will carefully evaluate your specific needs and determine which eye or brow procedures will give you the most natural and refreshed look. We want patients to feel confident in the procedures they choose as well as in the results they achieve when it comes to facial plastic surgery.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stong. We look forward to answering your questions and offering the latest eye surgery techniques available today.
Eyelid and Brow Lift Surgery FAQs
- What is an upper eyelid lift or blepharoplasty?
- Blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyes. Upper blepharoplasty targets sagging skin that overhangs the upper lid. This procedure involves hidden incisions within the natural creases of the eyelid. During an upper eyelid lift, Dr. Stong removes precise amounts of fat, muscle and loose skin of the upper eyelid to create an overall rejuvenated and natural look.
- What is a lower eyelid lift?
- Lower blepharoplasty is designed to correct the bags that develop due to excess fat underneath the lower eyelids. The incisions are well concealed just below the lower lash line and within the smile creases of the lower eyes. Just like an upper eyelid lift, Dr. Stong will conservatively remove skin and muscle within the lower eyelids to create a refreshed and youthful appearance. Dr. Stong uses fat transposition techniques when performing lower eyelid blepharoplasty, which restores a natural youthful contour to the lower eyelid and upper cheek junction by eliminating the tear trough deformity, or nasojugal groove.
It is common for patients to choose both upper and lower eyelids lifts at the same time to simplify recovery and to achieve a more symmetrical and even appearance between the upper and lower eyelids.
- What is a non-surgical or liquid eye lift?
- For patients who want to improve the appearance of their eyes without surgery, a liquid eye lift is an excellent solution. Although it does not offer permanent results, the use of injectables and facial fillers can restore a more youthful and natural appearance around the eyes without the associated risks of surgery. Depending on your specific concerns, Dr. Stong will carefully select a filler to address sagging skin, wrinkles and folds around the eyes that develop with age. A liquid eye lift plumps soft tissues around the eyes to camouflage puffiness of the lower eyelid. This non-surgical procedure treats tear troughs, or nasojugal grooves, as well as the crescent shaped deformity around the junction of the lower eyelid base and upper cheek.
- Are eyelid injections or liquid eye lifts bruise free?
- Yes, all of our injectable treatments are bruise free at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC. Dr. Stong uses an advanced micro-cannula technique that enables patients to achieve natural and beautiful results with no bruising and minimal swelling. The use of a micro-cannula or blunt-tip cannula, as opposed to a sharp hypodermic needle, dramatically reduces the chances of piercing a blood vessel, which is what causes bruising. This injection technique gives Dr. Stong better accuracy and control while also benefiting the patient in safety and comfort. Dr. Stong is one of very few plastic surgeons in the country who use this bruise free injection technique almost exclusively when offering injection treatments.
- What is a brow lift?
- A brow lift is a surgical procedure to raise sagging eyebrows. Dr. Stong uses a variety of techniques to accomplish this based on a patient’s unique needs. In general, brow lifts reposition the sagging tissue of the brows to restore them to a more youthful position. A brow lift may or may not involve skin removal. Brow lifts can also address furrowing between the eyebrows and soften an angry expression. In many cases, a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) is combined with this procedure to improve hooded eyelids or the bags beneath the eyes.
- Why are brow lifts performed before a blepharoplasty?
- If a patient has a drooping brow and a brow lift is indicated, then the brow lift should be performed prior to a blepharoplasty to prevent lagopthalmos, which is a permanent shortening of the upper eyelid that causes dry eyes and tearing because the eye cannot fully close.
- What is Asian eyelid or double eyelid surgery?
- Since many Asians do not have a visible fold or crease in the upper eyelids as seen in Caucasian eyelids, the Asian eyelid surgery is a highly sought after procedure in the Asian community. Dr. Stong performs Asian eyelid surgery to recreate a supratarsal crease in the upper eyelids, which enhances the eyes and makes them appear more open and less tired.