Is hair loss keeping you from becoming your best self? Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC offers the latest, most advanced hair transplant techniques for both men and women in the Atlanta area. We understand the negative impact that hair loss can have on your emotional well-being and even your professional career. Our state-of-the-art clinic is equipped to treat patients using the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques that deliver natural, long-lasting results. As a double board certified plastic surgeon, you can trust that Dr. Benjamin Stong is qualified with the artistry and skill it takes to restore your hairline with the most natural looking and successful results. Visit Dr. Stong’s hair transplant website at www.kaloshairtransplant.com.
Cutting Edge Hair Restoration Techniques
There are a variety of reasons for hair loss. Diagnosing the cause of your hair loss is the first step in choosing the most effective treatment option. For patients who want the very best in hair restoration, Dr. Benjamin Stong can help. He is the only plastic surgeon in Atlanta to offer NeoGraft, which is the most revolutionary and least invasive hair restoration system available. NeoGraft uses advanced harvesting and implantation techniques that require no stitches and minimal downtime and produce completely natural looking results.
While “strip method” hair transplants leave unsightly linear scarring and demand longer recovery, our cutting edge hair restoration techniques are far superior. The NeoGraft system does not use a scalpel and is able to extract individual follicular units from the donor area of the scalp and implant them into selected areas of balding. Using this Follicular Unit Extraction technique, we can eliminate scars, reducing your healing time and give you the flexibility of choosing a shorter hairstyle after hair transplant surgery.
At Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, we work hard to give patients a comfortable and rewarding experience regardless of their aesthetic concerns. Your comfort and safety are our top priority. We use only proven and safe methods to surgically address male and female hair loss.
Dr. Stong provides a variety of hair restoration options to suit your needs and preferences. We offer Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), or NeoGraft and Non-surgical hair loss treatment. The cost of any hair transplant surgery is based on the number of grafts needed to successfully restore your hair.
Dr. Stong is a double board certified plastic surgeon who understands the careful blend of scientific insight and cosmetic artistry required to create the most natural results.
Contact our office to schedule a consultation with Atlanta’s leading hair transplant plastic surgeon today. We look forward to restoring your hair and your self-confidence with the latest methods available.
Hair Transplant FAQs
- What is male pattern baldness?
- Hair loss occurs when the normal hair growth cycle is disrupted. Male pattern baldness, or androgenic alopecia, is the most common cause of hair loss for men. It affects over 50 million men and it is due to testosterone sensitivity. Male pattern hair loss is the result of a “burning out” of hair follicles over time, which ultimately progresses to a complete failure in hair follicle regrowth. Male sex hormones (dihydrotestosterone) and genetics are responsible for this type of hair thinning. In general the hair on the top of the head is testosterone sensitive, while the hair around the back and sides of the head are not. Male pattern baldness advances in predictable patterns: from the hairline back and from the crown out, which consequently results in a horseshoe-shaped head of hair as the process matures.
- What is female pattern baldness?
- There are a number of reasons why women experience hair loss. Female pattern balding is characterized by a progression of hair loss or thinning from the middle of the scalp outwards. In addition to controlling the medical reasons for hair loss, most women choose Dr. Stong’s minimally invasive FUE hair transplant methods to successfully restore their hair density and volume.
- How is hair loss managed medically?
- There are a variety of ways to medically manage hair loss, including both surgical and non-surgical treatments. At Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, we are keenly aware of the vast range of possibilities to address your hair loss concerns. Dr. Stong will evaluate potential treatment options such as managing an underlying medical condition that is causing your hair loss, prescribing hair loss medication (Rogaine or Propecia), using platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections to stimulate new hair growth and undergoing hair transplant surgery using FUE.
- What are the benefits of hair restoration?
- The amount of hair you have can affect your self-confidence and impact the way others perceive you. A full head of hair represents youth and vitality. Hair restoration can help both men and women avoid emotional and social consequences as well as a negative impact in their professional career due to hair thinning or baldness. With today’s technology, the benefits are expansive and the sacrifice is minimal. Dr. Stong uses revolutionary hair restoration techniques to bring patients the most minimally invasive, natural-looking and long-lasting solutions available.
- What is a hair transplant?
- A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair is harvested from the back and/or sides of the scalp (donor site) to areas that are thinning or bald on the front, top, or crown of the scalp (recipient site). At Kalos Hair Transplant, we offer automated Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) using NeoGraft, the least scarring, fastest healing technique that is currently available. Once the healthy hair follicles are transplanted, the hair will continue to grow for a lifetime.
- What is FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)?
- Dr. Stong performs the FUE technique using the advanced technology of the NeoGraft System. This allows both men and women to gain a multitude of benefits from choosing FUE over FUT. With this advanced FUE technology, the follicular units (groups of 1 to 4 hairs each) are extracted from the donor area one by one. Healthy grafts are then implanted in the recipient area of the scalp using an air-pressure/suction system. Unlike traditional strip method hair transplants, FUE leaves no linear scarring, no stiches and no scarring. This allows patients to wear their hair short and achieve natural and confident hair restoration results. In addition, the recovery is fast and downtime is minimal when choosing the FUE technique using NeoGraft.
- What is FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)?
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), or “strip method” is a procedure in which hair is transplanted from a donor site (the area in the back or sides of the scalp where hair is more resistant to loss), to the bald or balding areas of the scalp. The FUT technique accomplishes this by using groups of 1 to 4 hairs, or follicular units, from the donor strip. Once the scalp is harvested, microscopic dissection techniques are used to prepare the graft follicles for permanent implantation into the recipient (balding) sites of the scalp. FUT leaves a linear scar that can be unsightly and limit the patient’s future hairstyle.
- What is the benefit of FUE over FUT?
- The Follicular Unit Extraction technique is preferred among many patients who want the most undetectable hair transplant possible and the fastest recovery time. Unlike FUT methods, the FUE techniques leaves no linear scarring and allows patients to wear their hair short. FUE also requires no incisions or stitches, which significantly reduces downtime.
The NeoGraft (FUE) technology can also provide more natural and favorable results. NeoGraft is an automated, hand-held device that is guided by a skilled transplant surgeon. By choosing Dr. Stong to perform the NeoGraft Hair Transplant, patients gain the artistry, experience and judgment and efficiency that an independent robotic system cannot deliver. Robotic systems tend to have a higher graft transection rate and are consequently less efficient. Since hair follicles tend to grow in various directions, only an experienced hair transplant team can account for these growth pattern and alter extraction techniques to get healthier, more viable grafts.
- How long is the healing from an FUT or strip method procedure?
- Follicular unit transfer method, or strip method, requires patients to have stitches or staples at the back of the head for at least 10 to 14 days. Often times there are restrictions on activity for up to a month in addition to the linear scar that forms. The linear scar can have significant negative consequences as it tends to widen and thicken, resulting in an unsightly scar.
- Is there a scar with FUE?
- The absence of visible scarring and dramatically reduced downtime is the primary advantage of choosing FUE for hair restoration. FUT removes a single strip of scalp to dissect hair follicles from the donor site of the scalp, the NeoGraft FUE method allows the individual follicular units to be removed directly from the back and sides of the scalp, delivering undetectable results.
- Why is NeoGraft the leading technology in hair transplants?
- NeoGraft not only offers the most preferred technique in hair restoration, but it also uses highly sophisticated and efficient technology that can be guided by the artistic talent and skill of a plastic surgeon. NeoGraft uses air-filled, automated, controls to precisely extract complete individual hair follicles at a faster rate than past manual FUE methods allowing up to 3000 follicular unit grafts to be transplanted in one session. It also includes an automated, “no touch” implantation technology that allows for the least invasive and most precise procedure available in hair transplantation.
- What is the downtime from a NeoGraft procedure?
- When choosing follicular unit extraction using NeoGraft, there will be no stitches in your scalp and downtime is minimal. Unless your work involves strenuous activity, you may be able to return to work the next day following NeoGraft. Dr. Stong will discuss your individual post-op instructions with you in detail before you go home.
- How do I know if I am a candidate for NeoGraft?
- A board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in hair restoration, such as Dr. Stong, can best determine your candidacy for hair transplantation. He considers factors such as the cause of your hair loss, your age, the amount of hair in your donor area, the severity of your hair loss and your desired goals. Typically, the best candidates for NeoGraft are patients who do not want hairstyle restrictions and those who have an adequate and stable donor hair supply in the back of the scalp. Men with male pattern baldness tend to make excellent candidates.
- How long until I see the results from a Neograft procedure?
- Immediately after surgery, small scabs will form on the scalp at the grafted site; however, they will fall off in 10 to 14 days. New hair growth begins in 3-4 months, with continued growth of about a half an inch per month. Grafted follicles continue to be recruited into a growth phase, with final results achieved at one year. PRP and topical treatments can be used to expedite the healing process and hair transplant regrowth.
- Why is PRP, or platelet rich plasma, used in conjunction with hair restoration and hair transplants?
- Platelet Rich Plasma is highly concentrated blood plasma platelets and growth factors that can maximize your hair transplant growth and facilitate a faster, more successful outcome after a hair restoration procedure. PRP injections can prevent hair loss, stimulate new hair growth in dormant hair follicles and promote new hair growth and faster healing at the hair transplant graft sites.
Kalos Hair Transplant: The first of its kind in Atlanta, offering the most advanced hair transplants from a board certified plastic surgeon.
Before and After
VIRTUALLY “TRY ON” NeoGraft®
Ever wonder what you could look like after a NeoGraft treatment? Now you can “try on” your treatment by uploading your photo!