Get Your Botox Injections Done By A Plastic Surgeon
Botox is the perfect solution for patients who would like to take advantage of the number one cosmetic procedure in the world without the pain, healing and downtime that may be associated with an invasive procedure. Dr. Stong offers a full range of non-surgical procedures that can significantly improve your facial appearance. We use Botox injections as a safe, effective and painless way to delay and temporarily improve mild to moderate signs of aging.
Botox Injections for Skin Anti-Aging
If you are exhausted with the results of using anti-aging creams or other products yet do not want to undergo procedures with downtime, Botox can be an excellent compliment or alternative. Although the results of facial fillers are temporary, they are effective. Years of frowning, laughing and smiling can lead to unwanted wrinkles and even cause patients to have a sad, tired, or angry facial expression. Botox treatments are most commonly used as an effective way of immediately reducing signs of aging in areas, such as the crow’s feet (smile lines), glabella (the 11’s or furrow), forehead (worry lines), and perioral area or mouth (smokers lines). Not only can Botox impact the visibility of current frown lines, but it can also help reduce the formation of future wrinkles with ongoing use and particularly when started earlier or before the signs of age appear.
When done correctly, Botox injections should eliminate wrinkles without compromising the expressions in your face. By combining his clinical expertise with his artistic vision and talent, Dr. Stong can deliver Botox results that look balanced and natural.
A Botox lift versus a Liquid Facelift
In addition to the more customary uses of Botox for anti-aging, Botox can be used to lift certain features of the face, most commonly the outer corner of the brows and lips. These non-surgical procedures are frequently requested because they offer similar benefits as various surgical procedures, yet they require much less time and are more budget-friendly. During chemical brow lift and lip lift procedures, Botox targets the muscles that draw the brow and corners of the lip in a downward position for subtle improvement to facial features that can signify tiredness, unhappiness, or sadness to others.
Botox can also be used in conjunction with facial filler treatments to create a liquid facelift. Although a liquid facelift can not achieve the same results as facelift surgery, it can be used to replace areas of lost volume or highlight specific structures in the face. The most common facial fillers used are Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra and Radiesse. During a liquid facelift, fillers are often added to the upper cheeks, jawline, and folds around the mouth to simulate the appearance of a more youthful face without a surgical procedure.
Dr. Stong is dual board certified in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with distinguished fellowship training in his field. His expertise and dedication to the most current techniques surrounding Botox and other non-surgical and injectable treatments gives him the ability to determine the most effective treatment for his patients. At Kalos, we adhere to personalized treatments and high quality care at all times. We realize that no two faces are alike. Therefore, the injectable treatment that works for one patient may vary significantly from what benefits you.
- What is Botox®?
- Botox® is a brand of botulinum toxin. It is a completely safe, sterile, purified protein that is produced in the laboratory from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum.
- How does it work?
- Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles, which weakens the injected muscle. This temporarily relaxes and softens the wrinkles that are caused from excessive facial muscle movement.
- Who can benefit from Botox®?
- Strong candidates for Botox® include men and women who are healthy and want to improve the appearance of forehead creases, glabellar lines and crow’s feet without surgery. The results of Botox treatments do vary. In general, patients seeking earlier intervention and exhibiting less advanced signs of aging achieve the best results.
- Is Botox® safe?
- Botox® has been used in the medical field for more than 30 years with an excellent safety profile. It was first used to treat spasms in patients with facial paralysis and voice disorders.
- Why should I choose a facial plastic surgeon?
- Botox® is now available in multiple locations, from the mall to the dentist office. However, patients should choose a board certified facial plastic surgeon for Botox® because they are experts in the facial muscle anatomy that determine facial expression. Dr. Stong is an elite facial plastic surgeon that understands how to safely assimilate and apply this knowledge to create the most balanced, natural, and youthful look achievable using Botox.
- How do I avoid bruises and complications from Botox®?
- With Botox®, in order to minimize the risk of bruising, we use the tiniest needles to place the medication specifically in the desired location while avoiding blood vessels local to the area. At Kalos, patients can benefit from an expert injector who is well trained in the facial anatomy and who uses the smallest needles possible to place the medication. This results in a much lower risk of bruising. Additionally, using very concentrated Botox® injections allows for more precise placement of the medication, avoiding migration of the medication and any consequent adverse effects on muscles in other areas of the face.
- What comfort techniques are used during Botox® injections?
- At Kalos, we use acupressure, icing, topical numbing creams and any other comfort techniques that may be necessary to provide patients with the most comfortable and pleasant experience possible.
- What is the recovery like after treatment?
- Botox® is a fast procedure with virtually no downtime. Side effects such as minor irritation, redness or swelling at the injection site are normal and typically subside within an hour after treatment. Patients can expect results from Botox® to appear after a few days. Most importantly, patients can immediately resume their daily activities and do not need to take off from work following Botox treatment.
- Why has Botox® not worked for me in the past?
- One thing patients need to be wary of is unrealistically inexpensive Botox found online. Some med spas and practices dilute their Botox in order to make more money and inject smaller doses than the patient is paying for. If one is not injecting the proper doses the medication will have a shorter duration of effect or no effect at all. Also, some places routinely inject smaller doses which will result in the same problem: a perception by the patient that the medication does not work for them. When in fact, all the patient needs is a standard dose to experience the desired effect.
- What is Botox® immunity?
- Although it is extraordinarily uncommon, it is possible for some patients to develop an immune response to Botox®, which may reduce the effectiveness of treatment. This is because Botox® is a protein complex, and in some patients the body’s immune system may respond by producing “blocking” antibodies that can disable the protein’s biological activity. For people who are experiencing Botox® immunity or resistance, we offer Dysport as an effective alternative. Dysport is simply another brand of botulinum toxin.
- How long do the effects of Botox® last?
- The effects of Botox® typically last between three to four months. Repeated injections are necessary in order to maintain the results. Dr. Stong will determine the amount of Botox® you will need to achieve your individual goals and discuss in detail your ongoing treatment plan and the benefits to the procedure.
See Before and Afters Below
Disclaimer: These Are Actual Results For Patients Of Dr. Benjamin Stong. Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Results Can Vary Between Patients.