Blepharoplasty, Eyelid Surgery
It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul; they are also a good indication of your age and mood. One of the first places on your face to change due to age is the delicate skin and tissue around the eye. Your eyes also show joy, sadness, anger and tiredness. When excess skin or fat begin making you look older, tired or sad, blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, can improve the appearance of your eyes and face.
At Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC, our experienced facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Stong, offers expertise and experience when it comes to blepharoplasty and other intricate cosmetic procedures for our patients from Alpharetta. Using advanced techniques, he can improve the appearance of the eye area through upper or lower eyelid surgery. Using precise methods, he can help remove bags under the eye, droopy upper lids and saggy skin to give the eyes a more energetic, youthful appearance.
Dr. Ben Stong uses precise methods to reduce scarring. The tiny incisions in inconspicuous spots make it almost impossible to see any evidence of surgery. Also, due to the less invasive techniques used by Dr. Stong, most blepharoplasty patients can have their procedure performed in our office under local anesthesia. Our patients have little downtime and recover quickly from our eyelid surgeries, with excellent results.
Types of Eyelid Surgeries
Blepharoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries due to the profound impact it can have on your appearance. There are many options available when it comes to changing the appearance of the eyelids. Whether you want to remove excess skin or fat deposits under the eye to reduce the appearance of bags or tired eyes or want to remove excess skin on the upper lid for a more open, youthful eye, blepharoplasty can be a solution. Different techniques and procedures all fall under eyelid surgeries we perform, including these options:
- Lower eyelid lift.
- Incisions inserted under the lower lash line are used to remove excess skin and muscle tissue that can cause bags under the eyes. Dr. Stong carefully adjusts the tissue and fat to create a youthful eye without the deep bags.
- Upper eyelid lift.
- Minimal incisions in the crease of the upper eyelid can be used to remove excess skin, rejuvenating the eye for a youthful, energetic appearance.
- Fat transposition.
- Dr. Stong uses fat transposition from the lower lid in many of his eyelid surgeries to smooth lines or reduce a sunken look. Moving excess fat from under the lower lid to the corners can create a smooth transition from the eye to the cheek.
- Skin pinch and transconjunctival blepharoplasty.
- In younger patients that only need excess skin or fat removed without change to the muscles under the eye, Dr. Stong can use a skin pinch or transconjunctival blepharoplasty. Often these are used together to reduce bags under the eyes in younger patients.
- Skin/muscle flap lower blepharoplasty.
- One of the most popular surgeries for the lower eyelid is removing the excess skin and muscle while adjusting the fat pads under the eye. This can reduce lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes for a more youthful appearance.>
Blepharoplasty surgeries for the upper and lower eyelids can be used separately or together. Dr. Stong often combines fat transposition with many of his surgeries to create a softer, more natural appearance to the eye without the need for dermal fillers.
If you live in the Alpharetta area and are considering blepharoplasty to improve the beauty of your eyes, contact us today for a consultation with Dr. Ben Stong at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC. Dr. Stong is a dual board certified facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience in creating impressive results through cosmetic surgery. Bring out the beauty of your eyes with our options in eyelid surgery.