Blepharoplasty, Eyelid Surgery
Do you have bags under your eyes that make you look tired, sad and years older than you feel? Has the skin begun to sag or wrinkle around your eyes, adding years to your appearance? Blepharoplasty is a viable surgical option to improve the skin, muscle and fat balance around your eyes for a more rested, youthful appearance. Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC, offers eyelid surgery with proven results for our patients in Decatur and throughout the Atlanta area.
Our mission at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery is to offer our patients the most innovative options for improving their appearance and health. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is one of our most popular cosmetic procedures, giving our patients of all ages and genders more attractive eyes. Dr. Benjamin Stong is a talented, experienced, dual board certified facial plastic surgeon. His artistic eye for detail combined with extensive training, education and experience make him an excellent choice for any cosmetic surgery. When it comes to eyelid surgery, you want only the best and Dr. Ben Stong is considered one of the top facial plastic surgeons in the country.
Eyelid surgeries vary depending on the patient and the desired result. Both lids can be altered, either separately or together. While many of our patients that undergo blepharoplasty are seeking to reduce signs of aging around the eye, we also see younger patients. Those with puffy eyes or eye bags that won’t dissipate through other treatments may desire a skin pinch under the eye to reduce excess skin or a transconjunctival blepharoplasty (removing excess fat through the inner eyelid).
Choosing to Undergo Eyelid Surgery
Any cosmetic surgery is a big decision, especially when you are considering changing a prominent feature like the eyes. Our patients considering blepharoplasty usually have many questions, which our staff and Dr. Stong are happy to answer. Some of the more common questions include:
- Will the scar from my surgery be noticeable?
- Dr. Stong uses very precise and tiny incisions in both lower and upper eyelid surgeries. In upper lid surgeries, the incision is usually in the crease of the lid; in lower eyelid surgeries, it is under the lower lash line. It is almost impossible to see a scar after the eyes heal.
- What is the best option to make eyes look younger?
- Many of our patients that have sagging and lines around the eyes can benefit from both an upper and lower eyelift. This removes excess skin and muscle to refresh the eyes to a more youthful appearance. Fat transposition from the lower eyelid can also be used to soften lines and plump the skin around the eyes.
- How long will it take to recover after the surgery?
- The techniques Dr. Stong uses improve the healing for our patients and reduce the downtime after surgery. Sutures are usually removed in about five days and patients see lessened bruising after about a week. Most people can return to work or their normal routine in about five to seven days, with improved appearance as they near the 14-day mark. But recovery depends on the individual and the type of surgery we perform.
Eyelid lifts and other blepharoplasty options can make a dramatic improvement in your overall appearance. You can look younger, more rested and even happier. A small change in the skin and tissue around the eye can do wonders. If you live in Decatur and have been considering a change to reduce bags, lines or sagging skin around the eyes, contact Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC today for a consultation. Life is too short to live it looking sad or tired when a small surgery can improve your appearance.