It is not possible to reverse the process of aging, but you can slow it down by living a healthy lifestyle and using treatments that help slow down the physical signs of aging. The body can repair damaged cells at a young age. When you get older, you lose some of the efficiency of your skin’s repair system. The cells of our bodies and tissues are the building blocks of the body. You can see this in your skin cells; when you have fewer cells, your skin will thin and you will have less elastin, which results in wrinkles.
5 Steps to Help Slow Aging
- Protect your skin daily from the sun, that is the most important thing. By wearing sunglasses and finding shade, you can protect yourself from UV rays. One of the most important aspects of sun protection is using sunscreen that is a broad-spectrum SPF of 30, which covers 97% of UV rays.
- Stop smoking. It greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages, causing wrinkles and a dull complexion.
- Drink less alcohol. Consuming it is rough on the skin, causing dehydration. This causes damage to the skin over time, making us look older.
- Apply self-tanner rather than getting a tan. This will delay wrinkles and avoid harmful tanning bed’s UV rays.
- Hydrate your skin by applying a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizing gives you a more youthful appearance by trapping water in your skin.
Healthy Eating for Anti-Aging
Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants helps to prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging. In contrast, a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
Call Dr. Stong at Kalos Plastic Surgery in Atlanta today to inquire about our anti-aging facial treatments and procedures.
Posted on behalf of
371 East Paces Ferry Rd, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 963-6665