We break down the most common questions regarding neurotoxins (Botox, Xeomin & Dysport).
- Q: Is there a difference between the three neurotoxins? Which one is best?
- A: There isn’t much of a difference between the three competing products aside from the chemical makeup. Dysport sets in a couple days faster than the other two but they all last about the same amount of time (3-4 months). Some patients like one better than the other, but we like all three products just fine.
- Q: Will I be able to move my face and show emotion?
- A: Contrary to popular belief, your muscles aren’t actually “frozen”, but rather relaxed. When the facial muscles are relaxed, lines are minimized and wrinkles appear less harsh. A good injector will know how to administer properly to avoid a “frozen” look to allow a natural look.
- Q: Are Botox, Xeomin and Dyport fillers?
- A: No, these products do not act as fillers. Neurotoxins treat lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions. They do not add any volume or stimulate collagen like fillers do.
- Q: Is it safe to get injections at a home party or spa for a really low price?
- A: Be weary of “too good to be true” deals. Many people charge cheap prices because they dilute the product with too much saline or don’t use enough of a dose to have a proper effect to make one feel like they are getting a good deal. They may also be using a product that isn’t even FDA approved. It’s best to make sure your injector is a board certified expert injector so you know you’re getting a quality product.
- Q: Does it hurt?
- A: Well, how tough are you? Just kidding! Patients experience very little pain during injections. It is often unnecessary, but you can numb the area beforehand with ice or topical numbing creams. Dr. Stong uses the tiniest injection needle on the market to minimize discomfort. Patients with thinner skin or on certain medications may bruise while others may not at all.
Posted on behalf of
371 East Paces Ferry Rd, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 963-6665