There are few more delicate areas of skin than the area under your eyes – and few areas of the face that show such prominent signs of aging so quickly. Dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots are all more likely around the eye area, because the skin there retains less moisture and is much thinner than on other areas of the face.
Colder winter months can be especially tough on the sensitive skin around the eyes – causing additional flaking, peeling, tightness, redness and irritation – all of which can contribute to an older look.
Protect your eyes this winter by:
- Avoiding harsh products that contain drying chemicals
- Going easy on the skin around the eyes, and avoiding excess tugging, pulling, and rubbing
- Taking safe, skin nourishing supplements every day, such as vitamin E and vitamin C (remember to check with your physician before beginning any new supplement)
- Moisturizing the eyes each day with a gentle, protective cream or lotion that is free of harsh, drying ingredients
- Investing in a humidifier that can help put moisture back into your skin overnight as you sleep
- Keeping the rest of your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water each day
Kalos also offers a full range of services, both surgical and non-surgical, to reverse the signs of under-eye aging – not only during the cold winter months, but all year long.
The K Spa offers non-invasive services specifically designed to improve the look and feel of your skin. Our hydrating facial helps to return moisture to dehydrated skin, and is perfect for skin care during colder months. Our calming facial can help soothe skin symptoms such as redness and irritation. Learn more about the Kalos Medical Skin Spa, and discover which of our safe, effective treatments may be right for you.
Dr. Stong – our top-rated, fellowship-trained, double-board certified plastic surgeon – also offers safe, effective surgical eye procedures that can help halt and reverse the signs of eye aging, including wrinkling, fine lines, dark spots, and loss of collagen. Our procedures include eye lifts, brow lifts, non-surgical eye lifts, and treatment for under-eye puffiness, sagging, and more. All of our procedures are performed using the most advanced, state-of-the-art techniques to ensure the highest levels of safety, quality, and effectiveness.
Call out offices today to schedule your initial consultation.
Post Provided by Benjamin Stong MD, Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 963-6665