Botox is one of the most sought-after plastic surgery treatments on the market today. It’s a quick, safe, and effective way to combat fine lines and wrinkles, without the cost, time, or commitment of a full blown surgical procedure. In fact, in 2015 alone, over 6 million Botox procedures were performed.
Still, many people aren’t so sure if Botox is right for them. They aren’t sure what exactly it is, or if it’s something they should try.
To begin, Botox is made from a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin. It works by temporarily paralyzing the muscles to help halt the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s injected via a thin needle, and when performed by a trained, certified plastic surgeon is a safe and effective way to help you achieve a more youthful look.
This list of questions for your plastic surgeon can also help you decide if Botox is a good fit for you:
- Who is a good candidate for Botox? Do you believe this to be a good, effective procedure to give me the results I’m looking for?
- How is the treatment performed?
- What type of anti-aging results can I expect with Botox?
- Do you have any before-and-after photos available for me to see?
- What risks should I be aware of?
- How long do the results last?
- What type of maintenance or after-procedure care is required on my end to help maintain my results?
- Is there a recovery period? How long?
If you’re interested in procedures that offer safe, natural-looking results, the staff at Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery is here to help answer your questions and schedule your initial consultation.
Give us a call today!
Posted on behalf of
371 East Paces Ferry Rd, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 963-6665