We’re fascinated by the benefits of such a simple substance- coconut oil. Be sure to purchase organic extra virgin coconut oil that hasn’t been hydrogenated nor has any additives. Grab yourself a jar and get to work!
- Smooth and shine hair: Coconut oil can actually penetrate the hair shaft, moisturizing and nourishing from root to tip. It also helps prevent breakage and pesky split ends. Apply a bean size amount to wet hair at night and rinse out in the morning.
- Skin Moisturizer: Dry elbows? Cracked heels? Dehydrated face? Yep, coconut oil can fix that! Not only does it smell wonderful, but it provides a deep hydration with built in antioxidants. We like applying it to dry cuticles in the winter.
- Cooking: Many healthy recipes suggest replacing cooking oil or butter with coconut oil. Those who consumed coconut oil on a regular basis had faster metabolisms and less abdominal fat than those who didn’t. Coconut oil is also able to withstand higher heats than traditional cooking oils.
- Drinking: Adding coconut oil to your smoothies adds sweet without the sugar. Just be sure to heat it up a little so it blends well.
- Toothpaste: Evidently combining coconut oil with baking soda can make your teeth whiter. Something to keep in mind if you ever run out of toothpaste!
- Makeup Remover: Skip the department store brands and remove your makeup the all natural way. A tiny bit will remove makeup without over drying.
- Body Scrub: Mix with sugar for a tropical, smoothing experience in the shower.
- Skin Highlighter: Cosmetic companies have been incorporating skin highlighters into makeup routines to ensure a “glow.” Coconut oil can provide the same effect as those pricey highlighters by sweeping it on top of makeup.
- Massage Oil: Save money again by swapping your chemical laden massage oils with luscious smelling coconut oil. Warm the oil so that it’s softens up for easy application.
- Season Cast Iron Pans: Keep food from sticking and rust from accumulating by using wax paper to distribute the oil evenly onto the pan and “cooking” it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Post provided by Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC
Posted on behalf of
371 East Paces Ferry Rd, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 963-6665